Actor Henry Golding will star alongside Dakota Johnson in Netflix’s upcoming adaptation of Jane Austen’s “Persuasion.”
About the adaptation: The film will be a modern take on Austen’s last completed novel, according to Deadline.
- Netflix and MRC Film are working together to create a “modern, witty approach to a beloved story while still remaining true to Jane Austen’s classic novel.”
- “Persuasion,” which was published in 1817, tells the story of Anne Elliot, “an unconforming woman with modern sensibilities” who must “choose between putting the past behind her or listening to her heart” after reconnecting with a former love interest.
- Golding will play William Elliot, an estranged, cunning family member who seeks a romantic relationship with Anne.
Who’s involved: According to Collider, acclaimed theater director Carrie Cracknell will direct the film, making this her feature directorial debut.
- The film’s writers include Ron Bass (“Rain Man”) and Alice Victoria Winslow (“Hot Spot”).
- Joining Bass and Winslow are producers Christina Weiss Lurie (“Bruised”) and Andrew Lazar (“American Sniper”). Elizabeth Cantillon, David Fliegel and Michael Constable will be its executive producers.
- Production is set to start in June.
Upcoming films: In addition to “Persuasion,” Golding will star in other feature films.
- The Malaysian British actor will showcase his voiceover skills as the lead of “The Tiger’s Apprentice,” an upcoming film from Paramount Animation.
- Golding will be starring in “Snake Eyes,” a “G.I. Joe” spinoff. The film will be released on July 23.
Featured Image via Good Morning America