Hello Kitty Fans Can Now Dream in Pink Hotel Rooms
By Ryan General
August 12, 2020
Hello Kitty fans in Japan will have more reasons to celebrate as new themed hotel rooms featuring the beloved Sanrio character are opening.
Bright Pink Rooms: Situated in the Asakusa neighborhood in Tokyo, the Asakusa Tobu Hotel will feature two distinct styles of rooms dedicated to Hello Kitty when it opens in October.
- One of the rooms, called Sakura Tennyo 桜天女, features a Japanese zashiki-style tatami-matted area, according to Grapee.
- Tennnyo, which means “celestial maiden,” is a general term for goddesses in Buddhism.
- The image of Hello Kitty dressed up as a little tennyo decorates the room’s wallpaper and partitions.
- Aside from the Hello Kitty motif, this room incorporates sakura, or cherry blossoms, in the overall design.
- The other room type is the Wa-Modern 和モダン, which combines Western and traditional Japanese elements in its overall design.
- An image of a kimono-wearing Hello Kitty is prominently featured inside the room.
- The room adopts the haikara aesthetic, meaning “fashionably Westernized,” which is a familiar design motif in the Asakusa neighborhood.
- Each of all the three available Sakura Tennyo and three Wa-Modern rooms can host four people inside the 384 square feet of space. Each of them includes a Japanese style bathroom with a separate tub and washing area as well as separate washbasin and toilet.
- Some of the rooms will be available for reservations via the hotel’s website starting on August 24 and will be ready to stay in on October 8.
- Pricing information and details on the official opening for all the rooms are not available as of writing.
Must visit for tourists: The hotel and the Asakusa area itself are located near many popular tourist spots.
- Asakusa is known for spots such as the Sensoji Temple, the Kaminarimon gates, and the Nishi Sando Shopping Street, according to Matcha.
- While in the area, visitors can also get a tour of the neighborhood via a rickshaw before having a good rest at the Hello Kitty rooms in the Asakusa Tobu Hotel.
Feature image via PR Times
Share this Article
Share this Article