A high schooler in Ontario, Canada learned a life-saving lesson after putting an entire harmonica in her mouth: don’t.
Mollie O’Brien, who managed to film her struggle, was trying to entertain her younger cousin when the musical instrument got stuck. The struggle ultimately led to a trip to the hospital.
@mollieobriengoing to cheo to get my harmonica removed… #foryou #fyp #foryoupage #dissapointment #failure #mymomdoesntloveme #idiot♬ I just did a bad thing bill wurtz – cameron.tr
The harmonica played inside O’Brien’s mouth whenever she gasped for air.
Despite the inconvenience, the high schooler took to TikTok to share her circumstance, which she appropriately paired with Bill Wurtz’s “I Just Did a Bad Thing.”
“Every time I breathed heavily out of panic, it made a noise,” O’Brien told BuzzFeed. “After 30 minutes it hurt, but then it was kinda numb.”
As the harmonica lingered inside her mouth, she thought to herself, “F*ck, my mom will kill me now.”
O’Brien was eventually rushed to the hospital. She was then taken to a dentist, who used an instrument to hold her mouth open and remove the harmonica.
After the successful removal, she recalled the dentist saying “Let’s not do this again, OK dear?”
O’Brien’s plight has received more than 7.1 million views, 1.7 million likes, and 19,400 comments.
TikTok users reacted:
Image Screenshots via @mollieobrien