Food blogger My Nguyen was recently on the receiving end of Gordon Ramsay’s no holds barred meal criticism on social media.
@gordonramsayofficialThat’s not a Healthy Sandwich this is an ##idiotsandwich !!! ##duet with @myhealthydish ##ramsayreacts ##fyp♬ original sound – myhealthydish
Fiery reaction video: Ramsay, who has been dishing out his critique on social media for quite some time, is now reviewing cooking videos on TikTok.
- In one of his “#RamsayReacts” videos, the “MasterChef” star shared his reactions to My Nguyen’s bell pepper sandwich.
- Ramsay watched in apparent shock as Nguyen, of @myhealthydish, shared her “low-carb sandwich with bell pepper and cream cheese.”
- “Is that a bell pepper? No,” he said in disbelief. “Cream cheese? Really? No. Come on!”
- Nguyen then added spinach, Everything Bagel seasoning, turkey slices and then another piece of the bell pepper top the sandwich.
- The last move further shocked Ramsay who finally exclaimed, “That is not a sandwich. No, that is not a low-carb sandwich!”
- He then dropped the familiar bomb he used in the past: “Young lady, that there is an idiot sandwich, right there!”
- Ramsay came up with the phrase “idiot sandwich” in 2015 as part of a comedy skit for “The Late Late Show with James Corden.”
Nguyen’s teary reaction: According to Nguyen, Ramsay’s video brought her to tears, although they were from laughing and not from taking offense, Insider reports.
- “As funny as it sounds, it was quite an honor to be roasted by Gordon Ramsay,” she was quoted as saying.
- Nguyen’s bell pepper sandwich video caught Ramsay’s attention after attaching the #RamsayReacts hashtag on it. Nguyen said that she used the hashtag as an attempt, not expecting that he would actually comment on her video.
- “The now famous #idiotsandwich is a typical snack that I have during the day,” she revealed.
- “What’s ironic now is that the sandwich is trending on TikTok and people are eating it and tagging me in their videos.”
- Poking fun at the now-viral video, Nguyen posted a clip of one of her daughters holding two bell peppers against her own head, mimicking the idiot sandwich scene Ramsay previously did in Corden’s show.
@myhealthydish##greenscreen @gordonramsayofficial Yes, I’m a Idiot Sandwich ##gordonramsayofficial ##idiotsandwich ##ramsayreacts♬ I’m Just a Kid – Simple Plan
Ramsay’s bell pepper reaction has so far generated over 46 million views on TikTok, as of this writing.