- Girls Generation leader Taeyeon posted a cryptic handwritten message on Instagram on Tuesday, worrying fans.
- The message reads: “Even if I'm not around, the world will continue to turn.”
- Netizens left supportive messages in response, with sentiments like, “Without Kim TaeYeon, the world won't go around.”
- The Instagram post came hours after her win for Best Female Solo Artist at the 2022 Genie Music Awards.
- The singer revealed she struggles with depression in 2019.
- In February, she released her solo album “INVU,” and in August, she reunited with her Girls Generation members for their anniversary comeback album “Forever 1.”
Girls Generation leader Taeyeon shared a cryptic Instagram post on Tuesday that has fans concerned.
The post featured multiple photos — some of herself, one of a drawing of a dog, a sunset and candy — but one image was a handwritten note that read: “Even if I’m not around, the world will continue to turn.”
View this post on Instagram
Taeyeon’s post came only hours after her win for Best Female Solo Artist at the 2022 Genie Music Awards.
Netizens were alarmed by the post, and many wrote supportive messages in response.
“I don’t want to think of a world without Taeyeon. I love you,” one wrote.
“The world doesn’t go around without a friend,” wrote another.
“Without Kim TaeYeon, the world won’t go around,” commented another user.
In 2019, the K-pop soloist revealed she struggles with depression. During an Instagram Q/A, fans sent in questions for the singer, with many being met with short answers. One asked about how to get over a slump, to which she replied, “I’m not good at getting over it, so I just live in a slump.”
Another user bluntly asked, “Is this bipolar disorder? Tsk tsk,” to which Taeyeon responded, “No, I am suffering from depression. I am working hard to get better through treatment with antidepressants. Whether it’s depression or bipolar disorder, please don’t ‘tsk’ and treat people disrespectfully. They are all patients who are suffering.”
Taeyeon has posted to her Instagram since the handwritten note on Tuesday. Her recent Instagram stories showed posts of candies in honor of Pepero Day.
Last February, Taeyeon released her third studio album INVU. In August, she reunited with her fellow Girls Generation members for their 15th anniversary and made a group comeback with the album “Forever 1.”
Feature Image via TAEYEON Official