A 10-year-old Filipino singer received a standing ovation during his audition on “America’s Got Talent” (AGT) on Tuesday night.
Instant star: Peter Rosalita delivered a heartfelt rendition of “All By Myself,” which left the celebrity judges and audience in awe during the show’s 16th season premiere, reported Today.
- The Abu Dhabi-born singer introduced himself as a Filipino citizen before belting out the classic Eric Carmen song that Celine Dion covered in 1996.
- Judges Simon Cowell, Sofia Vergara, Heidi Klum and Howie Mandel all stood up to commend Peter’s performance.
- “Everyone is going to fall in love with you after this audition,” Cowell said.
- Klum jokingly warned singer Mariah Carrey to “better watch out” while Mandel predicted that the young singer “will go far in this competition.”
- Peter got a “yes” vote from each of the judges and will be proceeding to the show’s next round.
Humble dream: Responding to a question by Vergara on what he would do with the $1 million cash prize should he win, the boy said he would buy “a Nintendo Switch and a laptop” for his online school.
- Before his appearance on the show, Peter had won several singing contests in the UAE, reported Gulf News.
- A video clip of Rosalita’s AGT performance has so far attracted over 2.3 million views on YouTube as of this writing.
Featured Image via America’s Got Talent