A Filipino artist has gone viral for simultaneously sketching all seven members of the mega K-pop group BTS.
Jaw-dropping talent: In a video posted on NPR’s Instagram page, Junel Salido, a 20-year-old artist from Rosario, a municipality in the Philippines’ province of Agusan del Sur, can be seen sketching BTS members Jin, Suga, J-Hope, RM, Jimin, V and Jungkook. The video has been viewed more than 1.1 million times as of this writing.
- “I shade the drawings together so I can finish them all simultaneously. It’s confusing sometimes, but I’ve gotten used to it,” the artist shared. He also revealed that he learned this art style by watching online tutorials and then eventually “increasing the number of sketches” from two as he improved.
- Speaking to Yahoo! Philippines, Salido mentioned that he’s a BTS fan.
- “I thought I’d make them fan art too and then I’ll make them at the same time,” he shared in Filipino. “When I shaded half the hair of the first portrait, I was there in the second, until the seventh, ma’am. That’s how I do it until the end.”
- He reportedly sells his artwork, with prices ranging from 300 Philippine pesos (approximately $6) to 1,200 Philippine pesos (approximately $24). Salido uses the money he receives to fund his schooling.
Other portraits: Salido has also drawn other celebrities, such as Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson and Zayn Malik of the English-Irish pop boy band One Direction.
- He was featured on ABS-CBN News’ “TeleRadyo” on Nov. 24 for his jaw-dropping talent.
- Salido also shares some of his artwork on his Instagram page, where he has posted sketches of Filipino celebrities such as Angel Locsin, Judy Ann Santos and Marian Rivera, as well as international icons such as South Korean actor Lee Min-ho and British comedian Rowan Atkinson of Mr. Bean fame.