Marvel’s “Eternals” is dominating early ticket sales and has become No. 1 in AMC presales for the year.
Presale predictions: The latest upcoming film to enter the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) is estimated to have garnered $2.6 million in the first 24 hours of its advance sales, according to Deadline.
- The movie surpassed “Shang-Chi” ($1.4 million) advance sales by +86% and “Black Widow” ($2 million) by +30%. It is also projected to fly by both films’ box office opening weekend sales on its release.
- The current biggest opener of the year is Sony and Marvel’s “Venom: Let There Be Carnage” at $90 million, “Black Widow” in second with $80.3 million and “Shang-Chi” in third at $75.3 million. The latter currently holds the title as the highest-grossing movie in the 2021 domestic box office.
- Starring Gemma Chan as Sersi, Ma Dong-seok as Gilgamesh, Kumail Nanjiani as Kingo, Angelina Jolie as Thena, Salma Hayek as Ajak, Lia McHugh as Sprite, Lauren Ridloff as Makkari, Brian Tyree Henry as Phastos, Barry Keoghan as Druig and Kit Harington as Dane Whitman, “Eternals” and Oscar-winning director Chloé Zhao have received praise for its diverse and inclusive casting.
- “Eternals” will be available in theaters on Nov. 5.
- On Friday, Marvel released the first official clip of “Eternals” titled “Run!”