Man Claims His Blocked Colon ‘Exploded’ After Eating Too Many Dumplings

Man Claims His Blocked Colon ‘Exploded’ After Eating Too Many Dumplings
Carl Samson
By Carl Samson
August 3, 2020
 A man in eastern China ended up in the emergency room after consuming a large bowl of dumplings that caused the rupture of his colon.
The patient, identified as Wang, 63, had been suffering from intestinal obstruction for more than a year prior to the incident, which took place in Huai’an, Jiangsu Province.
Wang. Image Screenshot via Jiangsu TV
Wang ate a large bowl of wontons around 6 p.m. on the unfortunate day, according to Jiangsu TV.
Shortly after, he heard something “explode” from inside his body.
Image Screenshot via Beijing Time
Wang then felt a sharp abdominal pain and found himself sweating excessively. Family members rushed him to a nearby hospital.
Doctors discovered a hole in the middle of Wang’s transverse colon, which measured approximately 1.2 inches (3.05 centimeters). Consequently, his abdominal cavity was filled with feces.
Image Screenshot via Beijing Time
Intestinal obstruction occurs when food or stool cannot move through the small or large intestines. This blockage can be complete or partial.
Complete bowel obstruction often requires surgery to correct or remove the underlying cause. During the operation, a segment of the damaged or strangulated intestine may be removed.
Dr. Sun Jian. Image Screenshot via Jiangsu TV
Sun Jian, a supervising physician, said that they suctioned nearly 3,000 milliliters (101.44 fluid ounces) of waste and liquid from Wang’s body. They cleaned his abdominal cavity with 23,000 milliliters (777.72 fluid ounces) of water, according to Tencent News.
Wang was reportedly stable following the operation. It is understood that he’s now recovering.
Feature Image Screenshots via Jiangsu TV (left) and Beijing Time (right)
Share this Article
Web Link
© 2024 NextShark, Inc. All rights reserved.