Apple TV+ is one of the latest streaming giants to cash in on the global success of K-dramas with a new sci-fi thriller titled “Dr. Brain” debuting on the platform next week.
More info: The six-episode series features Lee Sun-kyun, who is known to international audiences for his role as Park Dong-Ik in Bong Joon-ho’s Oscar-winning film “Parasite.”
- The story follows Lee’s character, a brain surgeon, who goes to extraordinary lengths to uncover the truth about a mysterious accident his family suffered from.
- Actors Lee You-young, Park Hee-soon, Seo Ji-hye and Lee Jae-won will also star in the show.
- Executive produced, written and directed by Kim Jee-woon, “Dr. Brain” is based on a popular Korean webtoon by Hongjacga, according to Deadline.
- The series, filmed entirely in Korean, accompanies the streaming platform’s official launch in South Korea, reports Ars Technica.
- “Dr. Brain” is set to be released on Nov. 3 in the U.S. and Nov. 4 for global audiences.
Less than two weeks ago, Disney Plus announced its plans to add seven new Korean shows available for streaming including five K-dramas: “Rookies,” “Moving,” “Grid,” “Snowdrop” and “Sixth Sense Kiss.” One of the dramas, “Snowdrop,” featuring Jisoo from Blackpink, was trending on Twitter after a teaser trailer of the singer’s first romance drama was released.
Featured Image via Apple TV