Woman Rescues Terrified Dog Trapped in Molten Rubber in Thailand

Editor’s Note: A previous headline for this article stated it was a man who saved the dog when it was a woman who first spotted it.  The headline has been corrected.

A stray dog stuck in a pool of molten rubber was saved from certain death after a group of do-gooders stepped in for a dramatic rescue.

 

Helpless pooch: Supatra Baisri, a 30-year-old cafe owner, came across the distressed female dog submerged in the gooey asphalt rubber as she was walking by a nearby industrial estate in Nakhon Nayok, Thailand, reported NewsFlare

  • The sticky mixture, dumped recklessly on the side of the road, appears to be made from recycled tires often used to repair roads.
  • Baisri saw the dog whimpering as she struggled helplessly to escape the toxic goo.
  • She wanted to get her out immediately but couldn’t go into the rubber out of fear of also getting stuck.
  • “I couldn’t even reach the dog with a stick to help her,” she said.

Saving Mali: To ensure the dog’s safety, Baisri immediately contacted local emergency services which soon arrived to the rescue.

Advertisement
  • The rescuers used an excavator to scoop the terrified dog out of the rubber.
  • They then used petroleum benzine oil to remove the rubber from the dog’s body.
  • Veterinarians, which have since named the pup Mali, made sure the dog did not sustain any irreparable damage to her fur and skin.
  • ”People need to be much more careful about how they dispose of rubbish. It can cause so much harm to animals,” one of the attending vets remarked.
  • Rescuers reportedly took two hours to get Mali to safety and now, she is completing her recovery under Baisri’s care.

Feature Image via MailOnline (Online News)

Total
499
Shares
Related Posts