A loyal dog has become a social media darling in China for his defiant protection of his little human.
Good boi doing good: Harry, a 5-year-old golden retriever, was captured on film shielding a crying girl being scolded by her mother in Xuzhou.
- The video also showed the retriever snarling to keep 2-year-old You You in a “safe” distance from the mom, Mrs. Sun.
- Sun, who filmed the video on Friday, says her daughter grew up with Harry around, resulting in a deep bond between them.
- She added that she found the incident “funny and infuriating” at the same time as the dog shielded her daughter with his paws.
- Sun explained that You You had torn up the packaging of a recently purchased facial cream and started playing with its contents, MailOnline reports.
- “I was honestly really upset. I’d just bought the cream and half of it was already gone,” Sun was quoted as saying. “My baby started crying because I was shouting at her quite aggressively.”
- Harry’s immediate reaction, which was to protect the child from her mom’s impending wrath, delighted Sun.
- The dog even tried to comfort the young girl by resting his head on her shoulder.
- Sun revealed that Harry has always been protective of You You, noting that he will often shield the little girl when they speak to her in a harsh manner.
Viral star: Harry’s video has become widely shared on Chinese social media, generating millions of “likes” and comments.
- According to Sun, the popularity of the video surprised her, as she thought she was just documenting a funny moment in their life.
- “I was just documenting the daily moments of my dog and daughter because Harry is turning six years old soon and getting old,” Sun said.
- “I just wanted to capture these memories so I have something to look back on in the future when he’s not here anymore,” she added.
Feature Image via Douyin