Korean beauty YouTuber Dawn Lee passed away at the age of 30 on May 30 after empowering many through her personal journey with cancer.
What happened: Lee passed away after two years of fighting lymphoma, according to a statement shared on Instagram from her agency, Ice Creative.
- Lee was diagnosed in 2019 and has been “sharing her cancer and chemotherapy journey with the world to deliver messages of hope for all,” reported Hypebae.
- Ice Creative’s CEO Kim Eun-ha wrote that Lee was a “bright light in this world” and that she will always remember Lee’s “courage and bravery,” according to Korea Times.
- In Lee’s last video on April 15, she shares that she received the bad news from the hospital and was having “serious mental breakdowns.”
- The video has reached over three million views and fans have expressed their condolences and support.
Fan reactions: Lee’s last vlog is her highest viewed video and several fans commemorated her as an “inspiration.”
- “You are such an inspiration, a true soul fighter…may your blessed soul rest in peace. Your legacy will live on,” commented one of Lee’s fans.
- Many commenters remembered her for her “bright,” “cheery” and “positive” energy throughout her battle.
About Lee: Lee was a famous K-beauty YouTuber who was known for sharing vlogs featuring her daily life as well as fashion and beauty tips.
- She had 659,000 subscribers on Youtube and has 257,000 followers on Instagram.
- Many fans praised her for her authenticity and openness throughout her cancer and chemotherapy journey. In a BBC feature, she shared that she was telling her story because it’s a “big comfort” to see someone in the same situation as you.
Featured Image via @dawniscoming