A daily dose of Asian America's essential stories, in under 5 minutes.
Get our collection of Asian America's most essential stories to your inbox daily for free.
Unsure? Check out our Newsletter Archive.
- The 52-year-old actor took pride in having a leading role as an Asian American in Netflix’s upcoming zombie movie “Army of the Dead.”
- The actor shared how the diverse, international team provided great “chemistry” while on set.
- If he could inspire someone, then he “wants to be that guy,” he said.
- Bautista shared how he wanted to prove himself as an actor in another interview with Slash Film.
- “I want to be a respected actor where people will be comfortable and confident in hiring me for any part,” he said.
- Bautista called for “peace, love and harmony.” He also had a message for people who expressed bigotry and hatred.
- “We’re just not going to let you be louder than us anymore and you’re going to realize that there’s more of us than there are of you,” he said.
- The actor has also been calling out people such Fox News’ Tucker Carlson, who, according to Bautista “fan the flames of racial hatred” on Twitter, according to ET Canada.