Police in Culver City, Calif., released a new surveillance video of a suspect accused of attacking an Asian American woman last month.
What happened: The incident around 1 a.m. on June 14 saw the suspect assault the victim after he asked for a cigarette and she did not have any.
- The attack occurred as the woman was on the way to work, walking westbound on the 13300 block of Washington Boulevard.
- The victim tried to walk away but the suspect “approached her from behind, yelled a racial slur and hit her on the right side of her head with an unknown object.”
- The victim fell to the ground and suffered a “severe” laceration to her right ear, but police said she is expected to recover.
- The new video shows the suspect entering a nearby business after the attack.
- He was originally described as a white man, approximately 35 years old, stands 5 feet and 9 inches, and is heavyset with light-colored, possibly balding hair.
- In the new video, the suspect can be seen with a full beard, wearing an olive green T-Shirt — with a white shirt showing underneath — long dark shorts and dark shoes.
Anyone with information regarding the incident is urged to contact the Culver City Police Department Detective Bureau at (310) 253-6300.
Featured Image via Culver City Police Department