A nearly decade-old clip from a Singaporean TV series titled “Crimewatch” resurfaced on the internet, creating a TikTok trend to its audio track.
The argument: The clip features the argument between two young women on the episode titled “Gang Clash” from “Crimewatch,” an English-language docu-drama series produced by the National Crime Prevention Council of Singapore and Singapore Police Force.
- In the clip, actress Jernelle Oh says, “Why not? You’re nothing but a prostitute,” while actress Shanice Koh retorts, “How dare you call me a prostitute?”
- Oh replies with, “You better say sorry,” but Koh retaliates, “Why should I? Go to hell.”
- The fight between the two women depicted in the 2013 episode led to a gang fight and stabbing which occurred in 2011, according to AsiaOne.
- Today, its audio track has gone viral, with social media users sharing the original clip and recreating the scene.
- The TikTok trend also found its way to the actresses who starred in the TV series. They responded by jumping on the trend and recreating their 2013 scene.
- Many viewers were surprised. They reveled at the actresses’ reunion. The TikTok video has garnered over 2 million views as of this writing.
- In an interview with 8days, Oh stated, “I thought I did okay when I saw it eight years ago. But now that I’m rewatching it again, at the start, I did find it cringey. But the more I see [the scene], the more I become immune to it, because the cringe part doesn’t affect me anymore.”
- “I think everybody has a side that is louder and ruder, it’s just whether or not you’ll show that side on a daily basis. So, while I was acting that role, I really let go and became the ah lian that I can find deep inside me,” she added.