- “Crash Landing on You” stars Son Ye-jin and Hyun Bin announced their engagement on Feb. 10 after dating for two years.
- The couple first worked together as the lead actors in the 2018 movie “Negotiation” before appearing in the hit K-drama romance one year later.
- “Just being with him, I feel warm and protected,” Son wrote in an Instagram post. “Please help us celebrate the beginning of our future.”
- Hyun Bin announced the news via his agency: “I made a promise to the one who always makes me smile – that we will spend the rest of our days together.”
- The wedding is scheduled to take place in Seoul sometime in March.
“Crash Landing on You” stars Son Ye-jin and Hyun Bin are getting married.
It seems that an annual, two-week meet-up on neutral territory just wasn’t enough for them, as the two have recently announced their plans to spend the rest of their lives together.
The couple first appeared together in the 2018 action thriller movie “Negotiation,” in which Son’s character, a crisis negotiator, must face a relentless hostage-taker played by her now- fiance.
Son announced the news of their engagement on her Instagram account, writing, “I found someone to spend the rest of my life with. Yes… it’s him.”
“Just being with him, I feel warm and protected,” she went on in the post. “Please help us celebrate the beginning of our future.”
View this post on Instagram
Hyun Bin made the announcement through his agency’s social media account, stating that he wanted to share with his fans “the most important decision of my life.”
“I made a promise to the one who always makes me smile – that we will spend the rest of our days together.”
“The Jeong-hyeok and Se-ri who made it work in the series, are now taking that next step together.”
View this post on Instagram
Rumors previously circulated that the couple were dating while “Crash Landing on You” was first being aired in South Korea from Dec. 2019 to Feb 2020, but it wasn’t until the following year in January that they officially confirmed their relationship through their agencies, according to Soompi.
Hyun Bin’s agency released a statement stating, “Actors Hyun Bin and Son Ye jin met through their projects, and after the end of their drama, their positive feelings towards one another developed into a romantic relationship.”
The wedding is scheduled to take place in March at an undisclosed location in Seoul, both of their agencies Vast Entertainment and MS Team Entertainment announced. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the wedding will be held in private with attendance from close family and friends.
“Crash Landing on You,” which centers around the forbidden love between a North Korean soldier and a South Korean heiress who accidentally winds up in the North, was a massive success in Korea and around the world. An American remake of the series for a yet-to-be-determined release date was announced as being in the final development stage at Netflix in November last year.
Son Ye-jin will also soon appear in the new Netflix series “Thirty Nine,” which will premiere on Feb. 16.
Featured Image via “Crash Landing on You“