- SBS K-drama “Business Proposal” is currently the third most-watched TV series on Netflix at 32.5 million hours viewed between March 28 and April 3.
- “Business Proposal” has now ranked as Netflix’s top non-English show globally for three consecutive weeks.
- Based on the webtoon “The Office Blind Date” written by Haehwa, the series follows Shin Ha-ri, an office employee who goes on a blind date with her company’s CEO in place of her friend, a rich heiress of another company.
- “Business Proposal” features former I.O.I member Kim Se-jeong as the protagonist Shin Ha-ri and Ahn Hyo-seop of “Abyss” as the CEO.
- The K-drama aired its 12th and final episode yesterday.
SBS K-drama series “Business Proposal” has continued its reign as Netflix’s most-watched non-English show globally for the third consecutive week.
“Business Proposal” clocked in with 32.5 million hours viewed between March 28 and April 3, also making it the third most-watched series overall for that week. This marks the K-drama’s third consecutive week as the most watched non-English series, with 30.9 million hours viewed in the second week.
The series airs on the Korean broadcasting service SBS and is available to watch on Netflix in certain regions, including the U.S.
“Business Proposal” has ranked as a top series in Asian regions and countries, such as Hong Kong and Indonesia, and as the second most-watched series in India and Sri Lanka last week.
The romantic comedy K-drama is an adaptation of the popular webtoon of the same name, which started in 2018, and web novel (2017-2018) “The Office Blind Date,” written by Haehwa. After the web novel gained significant popularity, it was adapted into a webtoon. Both versions had amassed a total of 450 million readers worldwide by February 2022.
“Business Proposal” centers around an office employee named Shin Ha-ri who goes on a blind date with her company’s CEO in place of her rich heiress friend, whose father had originally set up the blind date.
Former member of K-pop girl group I.O.I Kim Se-jeong plays the main protagonist Shin Ha-ri, while Ahn Hyo-seop of Korean TV series “Abyss” plays the CEO love interest. Seol In-a plays the rich heiress friend opposite Kim Min-gyu, who plays Seol’s love interest.
While the K-drama’s first episode had a viewership rating of 4.9 percent, by Episode 11 it had accrued a viewership rating of 10.6 percent.
The twelfth and final episode of “Business Proposal” became available to stream yesterday on Netflix.