Netflix released a teaser trailer on Dec. 6 for its new anime film titled “Bubble,” directed by “Death Note” and “Attack on Titan” director Tetsuro Araki.
All-star talents: “Bubble” features all-star talents and creators such as Hiroyuki Sawano, who composed the “Attack on Titan” soundtrack, and voice actor Yuki Kaji, who voiced the show’s main character “Eren Yeager.”
- “Bubble” is produced by WIT Studio, the same company that produced “Attack on Titan” and “Vinland Saga,” and directed by Araki, who also directed “Death Note” and the first season of “Attack on Titan.”
- The original character designs were created by the “Death Note” manga illustrator Takeshi Obata, and the screenplay was written by “Puella Magi Madoka Magica” writer Gen Urobuchi.
- In addition to Kaji, the Japanese audio cast includes Jun Shison, Mamoru Miyano and Tasuku Hatanaka.
- Director Araki released a statement that said: “I’ve been working on this project quietly for many years, but I’m happy to finally unveil it. I did what I’m best at to the best of my ability alongside many familiar faces. A lot of exciting pictures have surfaced. I hope you enjoy what we’ve created!
- “While it will definitely feature exhilarating action and beautiful background art, I hope that I can also take everyone to even more unexpected places this time. I can’t wait to share it with everyone!” he added.
Mysterious bubbles: The anime film, which is expected to premiere April 28, 2022 on Netflix, is set in Tokyo after mysterious bubbles have broken the laws of gravity and surrounded the city.
- According to Netflix’s YouTube description for the teaser, Tokyo is cut off from the outside world, becoming “a playground for a group of young people who have lost their families, acting as a battlefield for parkour team battles as they leap from building to building.”
- “Hibiki, a young ace known for his dangerous play style, makes a reckless move one day and plummets into the gravity-bending sea. His life is saved by Uta, a girl with mysterious powers. The pair then hear a unique sound audible only to them.”
- As the story follows protagonists Hibiki and Uta, the description poses the question: “Why did Uta appear before Hibiki? Their encounter leads to a revelation that will change the world.”