A daily dose of Asian America's essential stories, in under 5 minutes.
Get our collection of Asian America's most essential stories to your inbox daily for free.
Unsure? Check out our Newsletter Archive.
- “This year, China Baidu VBar persisted and overcame many difficulties to once again secure this golden spot for the 3 minutes show on Burj Dubai as an important gift for Taehyung,” the fan club shared.
- “When this grand and solemn world size gift lights up in the early morning of December 30th (South Korea time), we want to stand at the center of the world and tell Taehyung and the world through this excellent channel that: We love BTSV but we love KimTaehyung more,” they added.
- According to Allkpop, V is the only K-pop artist to be featured on the Burj Khalifa. It is the second year the Chinese fan club was able to organize the sound and light show. This year, it featured videos of V while his song “Inner Child” played in the background.
- Allkpop estimated last year’s three minute birthday ad on the Burj Khalifa cost about $68,000 and reported that the Chinese fanbase raised about 7 million yuan (approximately $1.1 million) in only 80 days for the 2020 display.
- In another grand birthday gesture, V’s Indian fanbase @Taehyung_india_ has rented out billboards in Delhi and Kolkata for more birthday ads, according to the Hindustan Times.