- “This period of rest will provide the members of BTS who have tirelessly committed themselves to their activities, a chance to get re-inspired and recharge with creative energy,” the announcement read, adding that it would be the first holiday season since the K-pop group’s debut that they would spend with their families.
- The break is not planned for too long, as the company also wrote that BTS is preparing for a concert in March.
- Many Twitter users have noted that one of the members, V, gained 1 million followers in roughly 40 minutes, beating the record held by Angelina Jolie for the fastest time that a celebrity has gained a million followers, at one hour, according to Glamour.
- Each of the members also gained 10 million followers within just hours of joining the platform.
- At the time of this writing, all members have gained at least 14 million followers, with V taking the lead at 16.4 million.
- A post by Guinness World Records poking fun at the members’ record-breaking Instagram debuts has gone viral on Twitter, with over 100 thousand likes as of this writing. In September, the organization announced the group’s induction into their Hall of Fame for breaking 23 records across music and social media.
- Several viral TikTok videos highlighted ARMY’s excitement, with fans rushing to follow each of the members.
A daily dose of Asian America's essential stories, in under 5 minutes.
Get our collection of Asian America's most essential stories to your inbox daily for free.
Unsure? Check out our Newsletter Archive.