- “Butter,” the Hot 100’s 10-week no.1, took the top spot, with “Good 4 U” by Filipino American singer Olivia Rodrigo trailing behind in second.
- BTS’ song led the top of the chart all summer-long — the first to command an entire season since Lil Nas X’s 2019 hit “Old Town Road.”
- BTS is also the first duo or group in 10 years to earn the top spot, after electronic music group LMFAO’s “Party Rock Anthem” in 2011.
- “Butter” broke records earlier in the summer when its debut landed the top spot on the Billboard Global 200 chart and the Billboard Hot 100 songs chart, NextShark previously reported.
- Some of the titles, which are all in connection to “Butter,” include: “Most viewers for the premiere of a music video on YouTube” at 3.9 million, “Most viewed YouTube music video in 24 hours” at 108.2 million and “Most streamed track on Spotify in the first 24 hours” at 11.04 million.
- The group is also the most streamed act on Spotify at 16.3 billion streams.
- User @Carrotbunk00 who calls herself “Yoongi’s gf” started the Twitter Space #btsbutimscreamingthelyrics to scream the lyrics of BTS songs in front of an audience.
- More fans joined in, until they set the new record above the previously held highest number of listeners at 50,000.
A daily dose of Asian America's essential stories, in under 5 minutes.
Get our collection of Asian America's most essential stories to your inbox daily for free.
Unsure? Check out our Newsletter Archive.