- Artist Psy nearly achieved the same feat back in 2012 with the global hit “Gangnam Style,” which reached the No. 2 position on the chart.
- Back in March, BTS’ single “On” also made it on the same list, reaching fourth place.
A daily dose of Asian America's essential stories, in under 5 minutes.
Get our collection of Asian America's most essential stories to your inbox daily for free.
Unsure? Check out our Newsletter Archive.
- The track made its impact immediately upon release, achieving 33.9 million streams in the U.S. and selling 300,000 units in its first week, based on Nielsen Music data.
- “Dynamite” also received 11.6 million audience impressions in radio airplay in the same period.
- On YouTube, the “Dynamite” music video has so far racked up over 260 million views since its debut on Aug. 24.
- As of this writing, the track has also been streamed over 78 million times on Spotify since its release on Aug. 21.
- For the ceremony, BTS members Jin, Suga, J-Hope, RM, Jimin, V and Jungkook performed “Dynamite” remotely from South Korea.
- Last year, the group also became the first to win in the VMAs newly-created K-pop category.