One lucky fan got to experience BTS’ traffic-stopping performance on “The Late Late Show With James Corden” much earlier than its official premiere on the show Friday night.
Front-row seat: Filipino American news anchor Cher Calvin chanced upon BTS members RM, Jin, Suga, J-Hope, Jimin, V and Jungkook last month as they were filming their crosswalk performance with James Corden on Beverly Boulevard outside the “Late Late Show” studios in Los Angeles.
- The performance was shot on Nov. 24, when BTS was featured as a guest on the “The Late Late Show.”
- Calvin, who works for KTLA5, told ABS-CBN News that she was going to get some food when she saw BTS and Corden as she stopped her car at a red light.
- “I was going to lunch, and I saw all this traffic, and nothing was happening,” Calvin was quoted as saying. “Then, I saw all these people off to the side, and I noticed, ‘Wait a second, that’s James Corden and that’s BTS! Before you know it, they’re doing the whole dance, and they’re in front of me. And then they touched my car, and I’m like, ‘Oh my gosh!'”
- Calvin watched in awe as BTS performed their latest hits right in front of her car. V can be seen touching Calvin’s car in the viral video she recorded in November during the performance.
- “Oh my god BTS!!!! #bts #crosswalkmusical @j_corden wow!! @bts.world.official not gonna lie. I’m officially a #fanforlife,” she wrote on the caption of the clip she posted on Instagram.
- Calvin shared that while she has always “liked their music,” the up-close performance turned her into a “fan for life.”
V’s fingerprint: In another video, Calvin can be seen with co-anchor Pedro Rivera “verifying” several fingerprints that V apparently left on her car.
- Calvin joked about not washing her car ever again, saying how it’s a “good thing I got it washed at first.”
- Most of the Instagram commenters agreed with the news anchor, with one fan saying it’s a “dream come true for any ARMY fan.”
- “OMGAHHH! I would not EVER wash my car EVER again if this happened to me. How lucky are you?! I really wish I was in LA right now. I’m such a huge fan of BTS,” the fan wrote.
- Fans who are now looking to buy Chan’s car may be in luck, as she said via text on KTLA5 “I’ll sell it!”