South Korean supergroup BTS has broken its previous record for the biggest YouTube music video Premiere after the release of “Butter.”
New song: On Friday, the music video of BTS’ newest English-language single received over 108.2 million views in 24 hours, beating the group’s first English-language single “Dynamite,” according to YouTube.
- “Butter” was uploaded to YouTube on Thursday.
- The new single “has set a new all-time record for the biggest YouTube music video Premiere with over 3.9 million peak concurrents.” It also reached #1 on the U.S. iTunes chart within two hours of its release.
- By 1 a.m. EST on Saturday, “Butter” had generated more than 116 million views, Variety reported.
- BTS currently holds first and second place for YouTube’s All-Time Top 24 Hour Music Debuts.
- “Dynamite” received more than 101 million views in 24 hours after it first premiered in August 2020. The single also reached #1 on iTunes and Spotify.
First performance: The group performed “Butter” for the first time at the Billboard Music Awards on Sunday.
- BTS won awards for Top Duo/Group, Top Song Sales Artist, Top Selling Song for “Dynamite” and Top Social Artist (fan-voted) at this year’s Billboard Music Awards, Entertainment Tonight reported.
Featured Image via BANGTANTV