BTS fans are scalping all types of merchandise online for hundreds of dollars and making money off of their idols.
Scalping the merchandise: K-pop fans, especially ones in the BTS ARMY, are notorious for buying and selling collectibles to show their support for their favorite bands and band members.
- These collectibles include concert tickets, shirts, keychains, pins, dolls, photocards, albums, lightsticks and stickers.
- Scalpers previously resold 50,000 BTS’ “Love Yourself” SG concert tickets for up to $12,888 when the price was originally $348 on Live Nation, reported Must Share News.
- The average price for merchandise varies from $20-$100 depending on the item, but items considered limited edition can go for hundreds of dollars.
- A Jungkook Limited Official Photo Card is selling on eBay for $780 as well as another listing selling a card for $899. There is also a Taehyung action figure listed at $449.
BTS x McDonald’s Scalpers: With the recent BTS x McDonald’s collaboration, fans are selling the bags, sauces, chicken nugget containers and cups on eBay, Poshmark, Etsy and Facebook Marketplace.
- One eBay user bought an “Among Us” shaped nugget from a BTS meal for almost $100,000 when the nugget had an original bidding price of 99 cents, according to Hypebae.
- These prices range from $10-$1000 and the bags are listed as being in “original pristine condition” or marked as “greasy.” Some are even selling the bags in bulk.
- One Poshmark user is asking $500 for a greasy, used bag with an RM photo card. The BTS x McDonald’s shirts are also being scalped after they were originally sold on WeVerse.