BTS won every award they were nominated for at the 2021 American Music Awards (AMAs) and also became the first Asian act to take home the biggest annual honor in the ceremony’s 48-year history.
The winners: During the awards ceremony, which took place on Nov. 21 at Los Angeles’ Microsoft Theater, BTS became the biggest winners of the night by taking home “Artist of the Year” award for the first time.
- “Four years ago, we had given this first-time-ever TV live performance at this AMAs stage for ‘DNA,’” said BTS leader RM during their acceptance speech. “It’s been a long and amazing ride since then, but nobody could have ever bet on the odds of us standing here receiving this award. Except for you all, ARMY. Seven boys from Korea, united by a love for music, met the love and support from all the ARMY all over the world.”
- “This whole thing is a miracle,” RM added. “Seriously, we will never take this for granted,” RM added.
- The world-renowned K-pop artists won all three of their nominations, including “Favorite Pop Song” for their song “Butter” and “Favorite Pop duo or Group” for the third time in a row.
- BTS performed twice at the 2021 AMAs. Their first performance was with Coldplay for their collaboration song “My Universe.”
- To end the awards ceremony, they also performed their hit song and winner of AMA’s “Favorite Pop Song” titled “Butter” in their butter-colored suits.
— BTS_official (@bts_bighit) November 22, 2021
Featured Image via ABC