Playboy Magazine announced on Friday that social media influencer Bretman Rock will be the cover model of its
It’s Bretman Rock, b*tch: The magazine made the announcement via tweets that included a short video of the 23-year-old internet personality striking poses while donning the iconic bowtie, bunny ears and tail.
- Images of Bretman wearing heels and lingerie were taken by fashion photographer Brian Ziff, while the shoot was recorded by videographer Boa Simon.
- According to the Hawaii-based influencer, having “a male on the cover is a huge deal” for both the LGBTQ+ community and for people of color.
- He shared photos from the cover shoot on his social media accounts, with a caption that played on a popular “Mean Girls” reference: “I’m a BUNNY duh !!”
- He also noted that he’s posting more photos to “piss off more straight men.”
- Playboy, a men’s lifestyle magazine that is known for featuring female nudity, featured Puerto Rican rap artist Bad Bunny as its first male magazine cover star in July 2020.
Bretman’s BADDEST year yet: Bretman, who rose to fame through video content platforms Vine and YouTube back in 2015, has had an eventful 2021 so far.
- In February, he starred in his own reality TV show titled “MTV Following: Bretman Rock.”
- In April, Bretman won the MTV Movie & TV Award for the “Breakthrough Social Star” category.
- In June, he was featured in the YouTube Originals documentary series “30 Days With: Bretman Rock.”
- The online star also turned heads at the 2021 MTV Video Music Awards (VMAs) last month wearing a vintage dress that the late R&B star Aaliyah once wore to the same awards show.
As Bretman ventures into more mainstream entertainment projects, he remains a powerhouse on social media with over 17.7 million followers on Instagram, 13.1 million followers on TikTok and 8.8 million subscribers on YouTube.