About the film: The animation will feature humans and deep-water sea creatures, according to Deadline.
- Bong and Korean VFX company 4th Party Creative have been working on the screenplay together since 2018, reported Variety.
- He previously worked with the company on “Snowpiercer,” “Okja” and “Mother.”
- The script was finished in January but a release date has not been announced.
Upcoming projects: In addition to the animation, Bong is also developing a script for an English language film as well as a “Parasite” TV series on HBO.
- He is set to produce “Sea Fog” at Participant Media with Matt Palmer directing and writing.
- “Sea Fog” is based on a 2014 Korean film “Haemoo” and inspired by a true story about a fishing crew who are on a dangerous journey to smuggle undocumented immigrants from China to Korea. The film is set between the U.S. and the U.K.
- Bong is also president of the jury that will be deciding the winner of the 2021 Venice Film Festival, which takes place in late August and early September.
Featured Image Screenshot via Polygon