BLACKPINK member Lisa, 24, debuted her solo album and single “Lalisa” on Sept. 10 and her music video’s views have broken Taylor Swift’s YouTube record.
- Lisa’s single was ranked No. 1 on the iTunes chart in 60 different countries, with her second single “Money” following behind at No. 2. Her music video “Lalisa” currently has over 143 million views on YouTube.
- “Lalisa” is the sixth video on the “All-time Top 24 Hour Music Debuts” chart, surpassing Taylor Swift’s music video “ME” featuring Brendan Urie, which only has 65 million views and is ranked at ninth on the chart.
- Swift and Lisa are the only two solo acts on this chart, with the rest filled with K-pop boy group BTS and Lisa’s own girl group BLACKPINK.
- Lisa, who was born in Thailand and moved to South Korea in 2011, is the third member of BLACKPINK to have a solo debut.
- BLINKS, which is the name for the fans of the group, are anticipating Jisoo’s, another member of BLACKPINK, solo debut and believe that her album will start with the letter “O.” This would make each of the solo title tracks that the members have released spell out the word “SOLO,” Korea Portal reported.
“Lalisa, love me”: Many BLINKS are excited about Lisa’s solo success and expressed their enthusiasm for the singer on social media.
— 젠바 (@blackpinkbabo) September 15, 2021
— kassy seen shang-chi / spoilers (@themysciralmj) September 15, 2021
— lisa being tiny (@tinylisapics) September 15, 2021
— for_resa #LISA SOLO ⁰³²⁷ (@for_resa) September 15, 2021
— 라리사마노반 fangirl #LS1 ❤️ (@addicttolalisa) September 15, 2021
I love you so much lisa
I’m proud of you. You are very talented.
I just want you to smile because your smile is my happinesshttps://t.co/XF3VVMPpjt #LALISA #LISA #리사 #BLACKPINK @BLACKPINK pic.twitter.com/8jDyve6k6t
— ปิ๊กกี้ – ปือชิน (@myikky_BP) September 15, 2021
- However, some BLINKS feel that Lisa isn’t being given the same amount of promotional opportunities that members Jennie and Rosé received for their solo activities.
We would like to demand for more promotional activities for LISA solo debut including both Korean and international promotions. We don’t need to remind you on timely basis that she is a artist under your company. Give her the promotions she deserve. @BLACKPINK@ygent_official
— ❤ (@purpleblinkeu) September 15, 2021
this is lisa’s DEBUT WEEK it’s supposed to be filled with her and annoucement ab her upcoming schedule but it’s silence radio… need lilies to stop blaiming themselves thinking they’re not doing enough for lisa when they’re currently the ones carrying this solo era on their back
— LS1 (@fIeurlalisa) September 15, 2021
istg we are doing amazing with 0 promotion
— red (@arislovesick) September 15, 2021
absolutely no marketing by my company, i do it all along with my fans -Lisa
— (@lalisaunni) September 15, 2021
Up til now , only one weekend music program has been announced for Lisa on inkigayo. Timing is very importand and you musk make use of the remaining time to promote Lisa’s solo @BLACKPINK @ygent_official,,
— 블링크•아미❄ (@__army__blink__) September 15, 2021
Featured Image via BLACKPINK