BLACKPINK member Lisa will be making her solo debut this summer following Jennie and Rosé.
Solo debut: YG Entertainment officially confirmed the K-pop singer’s debut on July 12, reported Hypebae.
- “BLACKPINK member Lisa is shooting a music video for her solo debut. We will be revealing more details soon,” YG Entertainment told Hypebae.
- The record label also told South Korean news agency Newsis that she will be filming the music video for her new song this week, reported Teen Vogue.
- Lisa will be the third member of BLACKPINK to release a single without the other members. Jennie dropped her single “Solo” in 2018 and Rosé came out with her single album “R” in March.
About the group: BLACKPINK, managed by YG Entertainment, debuted in August 2016 and consists of members Lisa, Rosé, Jennie and Jisoo.
- They made history as the first K-pop group to hit a billion views on YouTube in January 2020.
- In November 2020, they were dubbed the “biggest music act in the world” by Bloomberg.
Upcoming projects: The girl group is getting ready for their five-year anniversary “4+1 Project.”
- The project will incorporate five different events including their upcoming film, “BLACKPINK The Movie,” which is set to premiere in select theaters on Aug. 4 and 8.
- The group’s oldest member, Jisoo, is getting ready for her acting debut in a Korean drama with the working title “Snowdrop.” While there is little information about the project as of yet, Jisoo is reported to have a lead role.
- It’s also rumored that Jennie and Rosé may be working on new music with Ariana Grande and Dua Lipa.
Featured Image via @lalalalisa_m