Billie Eilish has come under fire for allegedly saying “ch*nk” and using a mock Asian accent in a series of clips posted on TikTok this week.
The allegation: TikTok user @lcxvy compiled the undated clips and captioned the allegedly problematic parts on Monday.
- In one of them, Eilish can be heard seemingly saying the word “ch*nk.”
- Another shows the 19-year-old singer speaking unintelligibly and in what sounded like a mock Asian accent.
- User @lcxvy also included a clip in which Eilish’s brother, Finneas, allegedly calls her out for “talking with a blaccent.”
What people are saying: As of this writing, the TikTok video — which was also reposted on Twitter — has garnered nearly one million views and drawn mixed reactions from users.
- Some accused Eilish of being racist and demanded an apology.
- Others came to the singer’s defense, claiming she was only 14 in the clips compiled and wondered if it was a tic from her Tourettes syndrome.
- Meanwhile, others pointed out that the clips lacked context and urged Eilish to address the accusations.
The bigger picture: The allegation is one of several jabs faced by Eilish on social media at present.
NextShark has reached out to High Rise PR and Paradigm Talent Agency for further comment.