The Pokémon Go craze continues to take over the global Pokémon fandom. But while it is easy enough to play, the game’s lack of an official guide has left many players scrambling for every minute detail about it online.
With Reddit housing one of the most active Pokémon Go communities on the internet, it is not surprising that a wealth of details about the game can be found in the subreddit: pokemongo. Redditor Phozee, who has created comprehensive game guide with the help of other Reddit users, was able to compile an impressive list of facts from the game.
Straight from Pokémon Go’s code itself, Phozee provides everything known about the the world’s favorite mobile game so far :
- The Trainer Level Cap is 40.
- Egg’s cap is at Level 20. An egg at a level beyond 20 will therefore hatch at the same quality that of a level 20 egg.
- Wild Pokémon cap is at Level 30. Beyond Level 30, the same max CP Pokémon will be found. Phozee notes, “It’ll be a matter of spending the candy and stardust to upgrade them to your level’s cap based on their CP arc.”
- There is an achievement/badge rank above gold.
- Curveballs and Accurate Throws (Nice, Great, Etc) have been confirmed as helping with the capture chance of a Pokéball throw.
- There may be future Incubators that reduce the amount of kilometers needed before they hatch. (There is an incubator called “distance” in the code)
- Moves have an Accuracy and a Critical Hit Rate.
- Each unique Pokémon has it’s own Capture and Flee rate.
- Move Damage may go up with Trainer Level.
- Pokémon do become harder to catch as you level up.
- Mewtwo, Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno are Legendary.
- Mew is Mythic.
- Farfetch’d and Ditto are out there.
- The Charge Meter is filled 0.5 for each 1 HP of damage dealt. This means a super effective move that does more damage will charge the special attack faster – that is actually really important to know.
- To level from 39 to 40 takes FIVE MILLION EXPERIENCE, and going from 1 to 40 takes Twenty Million. Phonzee shares, “On my best day I can get about one hundred thousand exp, maybe 125k. So that’s like 3-4 months to go from 39 to 40.”
- Pokémon have a base Attack, Defense and Stamina (HP) – thus they do not have a Attack and Special Attack stat like in the 3DS games.
- Dragonite has the strongest base attack for non-legends, at 250.
- MewTwo has a base attack of 284.
- Moltres has the highest base attack of the three legendary birds.
- Articuno has the highest base defense of the three.
- Zapdos is almost as high as Moltres in base attack but is likely lower due to Type Advantage.
- Pokémon have an evolution modifier AND a HP modifier when they evolve both CP and HP go up a set multiplier.
- Defending Pokémon at a Gym attack every 1.5 seconds.
- The Master Ball is in the game, no clue where it is found.
- The Legendary Pokémon do have a spawn rate but no capture rate.
- STAB is present in the game, giving a 25% Bonus to an attack move. STAB stands for “Same Type Attack Bonus” and means if a Grass Pokémon uses a Grass move it will hit harder than if a Ground Pokémon used the same Grass move.
According to Phozee, the list is gathered from data mining the game files which was also earlier posted on a Facebook group. He added, “None of it seems sketch and is in line with some data-mined files that have already seen the light of day, so I’m inclined to believe it, but take it with a grain of salt.”