BD Wong will be making his debut as a television director on Comedy Central’s “Awkwafina is Nora from Queens.”
About the show: The show is based on Awkwafina’s childhood in Queens, New York, and follows the life of Nora Lin, who is played by Awkwafina.
- The comedy will return for its second season on Aug. 18 and will premiere two episodes back to back at 10 p.m., reported Variety.
- Awkwafina and Teresa Hsiao are co-creators of the show. It is executive produced by Awkwafina, Karey Dornetto, Hsiao, Lucia Aniello, Peter Principato and Itay Reiss, according to Deadline.
- Sean Fogel is the producer alongside Justin Rosenblatt and Andrew Lutin, who are both executive producers.
Wong’s debut: Wong, who plays Nora’s dad in the show, will be directing the second season alongside Bill Benz, Andrew McCarthy, Laura Murphy, Jordan Kim and Steven Tsuchida.
- The actor is best known for his role as Dr. Henry Wu in the “Jurassic Park” series and being the voice of Shang in “Mulan.”
- He began his directing career on stage at the Pasadena Playhouse in 2019, but hoped to direct and write more often, reported Los Angeles Times.
- “I’m crossing over into a time in my life where this kind of work is really becoming important to me, and I’m really grateful for the way all of these different productions lined up for me,” said Wong.