- The movie will focus on the character Barbara Gordon’s rendition of the masked vigilante, who is also the daughter of Jim Gordon, Gotham City’s Police Commissioner.
- Yeoh is one of the first major trans characters to be added into mainstream comics and first appeared in “Batgirl (vol. 4) #1” in 2011.
- Created by writer Gail Simone and Indonesian artist Ardian Syaf, Yeoh becomes Gordon’s roommate and longtime friend, with the latter later also becoming her maid of honor.
- Although it’s unconfirmed that the role is for Yeoh, “Bad Boys for Life” directors Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah were confirmed to lead the “Batgirl” movie in May and were also listed on the call.
- Whoever secures the supporting role will fit the bill for a woman in her mid-to-late 20s, named Alanna. A childhood version of Alanna is also being cast as an Asian American trans girl or nonbinary person between the ages of 10 and 12.
- The deadline for the possible Yeoh role ends on Oct. 28, and the movie is slated to premiere in 2022.
Featured Image via DC Comics/Joshua Middleton