An Asian American family in San Leandro, Calif., suffered damages to their home after being targeted by a group armed with a BB gun.
What happened: Homeowner Linda Luu heard the loud popping of the BB gun at around 2 a.m. on May 11, according to KRON 4.
- The perpetrators appear to be a group of three, led by a man who carried the gun.
- The man was caught in the act by a security camera across from Luu’s home.
- The house’s first-floor windows suffered the most damage, with one of them left shattered.
2/2: Stills of the guy who’s been shooting a BB gun at Asian family’s home near San Leandro, sometimes in the middle of the night. Victim tells me she is fearful that she or her children could get hurt. @ACSOSheriffs investigating pic.twitter.com/wTyt5UQ54x
— Henry K. Lee (@henrykleeKTVU) May 15, 2021
Fears: Luu, a mother of three children, is worried about her family’s safety.
- Luu told KRON 4 reporter Dan Thorn that this was not the first time her house was targeted.
- The homeowner does not know the reason behind the attacks.
- “I feel vulnerable because I don’t know who he is, where he lives. He knows where I am. I’m just a target,” Luu told KTVU reporter Henry K. Lee.
Luu recently filed a police report, and the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office is now investigating.
Anyone with information about the attacks is encouraged to contact the ACSO at (510) 667-3622.