Media Company Asian Boss Raises Money on GoFundMe to Continue Operations
By Ryan General
January 26, 2021
Founders behind media company Asian Boss are reaching out to their viewers and supporters as they are now just “months away from running out of funds.”
#SaveAsianBoss campaign: In the GoFundMe fundraiser, CEO and co-founder Stephen Park is shown in a video appealing for donations to help the company avoid getting permanently shut down.
- Their finances were heavily affected after COVID-19 caused one of their investors to suddenly file for bankruptcy.
- Asian Boss has since laid off over 40% of its employees and implemented pay cuts for the rest.
- Park admits fault in paying “little attention to monetization” as he was more focused on creating quality content.
- While the company has moved to a much smaller office, they have a few months left to continue operating with the funds they have.
- “I am asking for your help,” Park said. “If you are unable to donate because of your own financial struggles, we ask you to create and/or participate in the #SaveAsianBoss campaign and see if we can break the internet together.”
- Asian Boss has so far raised over 580,000 Australian dollars ($449,170) out of its 700,000 AUD ($542,102) goal, as of this writing.
Agents for positive change: The media company, which runs a popular YouTube channel with over 2.8 million subscribers, creates content that captures “the most authentic voices and stories from Asia that needed to be heard.”
- In one video, Asian Boss asked Chinese citizens for their thoughts on the concept of democracy, freedom and their government.
- They also covered different beauty standards in Asian countries.
- And tackled different perspectives on gender, politics, identity and other issues.
In addition to delivering impactful video content, Asian Boss has also used its platform to help those in need and has raised over $700,000 in the past to support various causes affecting Asian people in different parts of the world.
Feature Image via Asian Boss
Share this Article
Share this Article