Over 50 Asian artists and leaders are uniting on May 30 for an 8-hour livestream on AmazonMusic to celebrate Asian and Pacific Islander Heritage Month and for COVID-19 relief funds.
Why this matters: Five media and organization giants, Transparent Arts, Gold House, Amazon Music, Pacific Bridge Arts Foundation, and XRM Media, are presenting the #OURIDENTITY: Project Blue Marble event to raise funds and show solidarity and compassion amid all the racism and xenophobia towards Asian communities to come out of the pandemic.
- It will occur on Amazon Music’s Twitch Channel on Saturday, May 30 at 2 p.m. PST (5 p.m. EST).
- Sponsored by McDonald’s USA, a portion of the stream will honor and highlight local heroes, first responders, and stories of those giving back to the community who were nominated by NextShark, Asian Boss Girl, and AJ Rafael.
- Fans can be involved and nominate their heroes for a spotlight via the hashtag #OurAAPIHeroes on social media platforms.
- For each nomination, of up to 1,000 individuals, McDonald’s USA will donate $5 to the nonprofit, The United Way Worldwide.
What to expect:
- “It’s been inspiring to witness the strength of the human spirit through these tough times. Project Blue Marble is the result of our community’s togetherness with a passion to help, and to also be heard,” Co-CEO of Transparent Arts, Far East Movement, Co-Founder of Goldhouse, and one of the event’s organizers, Kev Nish said.
- The event will feature musical performances and guest speakers.