Angelina Liu, the “miracle” daughter of late NYPD Det. Wenjian Liu, went to her first day of school escorted by New York police officers.
NYPD’s darling: Deputy Chief Chaplain Monsignor David Cassato joined members of the NYPD’s 84th, 62nd and Brooklyn South precincts in accompanying the 4-year-old student to her first class.
Today is the start of school, and kids across the city are headed off to classes. I wish the best of luck to all the students starting their first day of school, especially Angelina Liu, daughter of the @NYPD84Pct‘s Det. Wenjian Liu, who was killed in the line of duty in 2014. https://t.co/BLzeTtV9Wu
— Chief Juanita Holmes (@NYPDChiefPatrol) September 13, 2021
- The NYPD Chaplains Unit tweeted about the gesture, saying they “couldn’t be more proud” of Angelina.
- Photos showed a number of officers surrounding Angelina and her mother, Pei Xia Liu, as they posed for the camera.
- In July, members of the NYPD motorcycle group Blue Knights visited Angelina during her 4th birthday party, reported PIX11.
— Commissioner Ganley (@NYPDdcer) July 25, 2021
Miracle baby: Pei Xia gave birth to Angelina two and a half years after her husband was murdered, NextShark previously reported.
- The killer, identified as Ismaaiyl Brinsley, shot Wenjian Liu and his partner, Rafael Ramos, as they sat in their patrol car on Dec. 20, 2014. Brinsley fatally shot himself in a nearby subway shortly after.
- At the time, Wenjian and Pei Xia had only been married for three months. To fulfill their dreams of having children together, the grieving widow requested to keep Liu’s semen preserved.
- Two and a half years later, she successfully underwent InVitro Fertilization during her first attempt. Pei Xia gave birth to Angelina on July 25, 2017.
- Pei Xia said that on the night of her husband’s death, she dreamt of him handing her a baby girl.
Featured Image via NYPD Chaplains Unit