Alexander Wang Says He’ll ‘Do Better’ After Meeting With Sexual Assault Accusers

alexander wang

Taiwanese American fashion designer Alexander Wang has reportedly addressed the sexual assault allegations against him after speaking out for the first time since January.

On Monday, the 37-year-old designer settled the allegations, saying he “will do better” despite denying the claims made against him last year, according to The Cut.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Alex Wang (@alexwangny)

“A number of individuals have come forward recently to raise claims against me regarding my past personal behavior,” Wang wrote in a recent Instagram post. “I support their right to come forward, and I’ve listened carefully to what they had to say. It was not easy for them to share their stories, and I regret acting in a way that caused them pain. While we disagree on some of the details of these personal interactions, I will set a better example and use my visibility and influence to encourage others to recognize harmful behaviors. Life is about learning and growth, and now that I know better, I will do better.”

Advertisement

In a tweet following Wang’s statement, civil rights lawyer Lisa Bloom claimed that her clients met Wang and his team to discuss the issue, Grazia Magazine reports.

“We have met with Alexander Wang and his team,” Bloom said. “My clients had the opportunity to speak their truth to him and expressed their pain and hurt. We acknowledge Mr. Wang’s apology and we are moving forward. We have no further comment on this matter.”

Model Owen Mooney came forward in December to accuse Wang of groping him at a club in 2017. Soon after that, several anonymous alleged victims also took to social media to share their own experiences with the fashion designer.

Advertisement

The allegations made against Wang range from groping to forced oral sex. However, his team denied all of these claims in a statement, declaring that Wang had never “engaged in the atrocious behavior described and would never conduct [himself] in the manner that’s been alleged.”

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Diet Prada ™ (@diet_prada)

“I intend to get to the bottom of this and hold accountable whoever is responsible for originating these claims and viciously spreading them online,” Wang declared.

Feature Image via Getty

Total
20
Shares
Related Posts