- The AI image result, which he shared on Twitter on Dec. 20, has garnered over 56,000 likes and nearly 13,000 retweets as of this writing.
- In the drawing, Pikachu appears to be in an eerie forest and is horrifyingly deformed or mutilated, with red splatters across the images, evoking the appearance of blood.
- The Twitter user generated more Pikachu drawings, which he included in a Twitter thread. “I thought my face was scary, so I asked him to draw ‘Pikachu with a smile,’ but I was far away,” he said about another AI generation.
A daily dose of Asian America's essential stories, in under 5 minutes.
Get our collection of Asian America's most essential stories to your inbox daily for free.
Unsure? Check out our Newsletter Archive.
- “When I asked him to draw ‘The cutest Pikachu in the world,’ he was made into an animal like a rabbit covered with Pikachu’s skin,” he shared.
- He also shared a “Horror Pikachu” drawn by the AI. “I thought this wouldn’t work once so I deleted it, but when I took a nap, I found something like that in my dreams so I made it monochrome,” he wrote.
- According to Grape Japan, AI uses Generative Adversarial Network (GAN) to create its original artwork. Many applications feature the GAN art, which also produces “very surprising results.”