A 6-year-old Chinese girl and her 7-year-old brother were playing with a four-inch-long dart on January 31 when the boy threw it and hit his sister on the forehead.
The young girl underwent surgery to remove the dart, which had the British flag printed on the flight.
Doctors warned that if not extracted immediately and correctly, she could go blind.
Fortunately, the operation was successful and the girl is not expected to have any medical complications from the accident, according to Shanghaiist.
The child’s parents were at work when her grandparents told them about the accident.
She was rushed to Changshun County People’s Hospital, but due to the severity of the case, she was transferred to a hospital in Guizhou.
It took about five minutes to take the dart out from the girl’s forehead and ten minutes to control the bleeding, according to Daily Mail.
She was then placed in intensive care before being transferred to a general ward.
Xu Yuan, the on-duty doctor responsible for pulling the dart out, said that the surgical procedure seemed easy, but it was actually “very dangerous.”
Doctors also ran some scans of the child’s brain and did not find any damage to the brain tissue.