Brigitte Xie, 3, will be one of the youngest people to ever perform at Carnegie Hall in New York.
The performance: The young pianist from Ridgefield, Conn., became the youngest first-place winner of the Elite International Music Competition earlier this spring, which landed her a performance in the American Protégé International Music Talent Competition in November, according to New York Post.
- Xie will perform Mozart during the competition at Carnegie Hall. Her teacher, Felicia Feng Zhang, said to NBC New York that Xie is a “child prodigy” and that her skills are a “rare gift.”
- Zhang said she is “super excited” to see the performance, reported The New York Post.
Xie’s piano journey: Xie’s father told The New York Post that his daughter was “drawn to music” because his family loves music and they play everything from classical to pop at home and during car rides.
- Zhang worked with Xie for months, gradually giving her more challenging assignments and started entering her in competitions. Xie has won first place in two competitions.
- Xie began piano lessons to pass the time during the pandemic last June, according to her father.
- “The first time I see her play I was deeply moved,” Xie’s mother told NBC New York.