- BTS earned four different nominations this year including best pop and best group.
- As for the biggest fans category, BTS and Blackpink face off against one another along with fellow nominees Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande and Lady Gaga.
- Blackpink members Lisa and Rosé are nominated separately for the best K-Pop award this year in which they are competing against BTS and groups such as Twice, Monsta X and NCT 127.
- In the EMA’s best Korean Act for 2021 category, girl groups Aespa, STAYC and Weeekly are nominated along with boy group WEi and boy band Cravity.
- Filipino American pop star Olivia Rodrigo is nominated in five categories including best pop, best song, best new artist, best push and best US Act.
- Filipino Chinese, African American rapper Saweetie also joins Olivia in the best new artist category.
- The EMAs also have a best Southeast Asia act category which includes the following nominees: JJ Lin (Singapore), SB19 (Philippines), Ink Waruntorn (Thailand), K-ICM (Vietnam), Lyodra (Indonesia), Naim Daniel (Malaysia).
A daily dose of Asian America's essential stories, in under 5 minutes.
Get our collection of Asian America's most essential stories to your inbox daily for free.
Unsure? Check out our Newsletter Archive.