- SM Entertainment girl group Red Velvet released their new mini-album “The ReVe Festival 2022 – Birthday,” led by the title track “Birthday," on Monday.
- “Birthday” was placed by VDW Music Group, whose other credits include NCT Dream, aespa and CHUNG HA, among others.
- The title track features a sample of George Gershwin’s 1924 musical composition “Rhapsody in Blue,” continuing the classical sampling precedent set by the K-pop quintet’s last single “Feel My Rhythm.”
- Their new mini-album comes with the B-sides “BYE BYE,” “On a Ride,” “ZOOM” and “Celebrate” and is the most recent release from Red Velvet following member Seulgi’s debut solo album “28 Reasons,” which was released last month.
K-pop girl group Red Velvet are back with their new mini-album “The ReVe Festival 2022 – Birthday,” led by the title track “Birthday.”
VDW Music Group, whose other credits include NCT Dream, aespa and CHUNG HA, among others, placed the new title track. “Birthday” samples George Gershwin’s 1924 musical composition “Rhapsody in Blue,” continuing the classical sampling precedent set by the K-pop quintet’s last single “Feel My Rhythm.”
K-pop Weekly: BTS’ RM, Red Velvet, BoA, ITZY, New Jeans announce new albums; Spire CEO resigns; SEVENTEEN debuts Japanese EP
K-pop Weekly took a hiatus last week with respect to the tragic incident in Itaewon. This week, there has been a slow but steady stream of new music releases from the likes of AleXa, OH MY GIRL member YooA, SEVENTEEN and more.
Additionally, fans can soon expect new music from an all-star lineup of artists, as comeback announcements were plentiful. Meanwhile, SPIRE Entertainment’s CEO finally resigned, but new reports indicate the company is continuing to spiral further into scandal.
- Red Velvet member Seulgi is slated to make her solo debut in October.
- She will be the third member of Red Velvet to officially release a solo project after members Wendy and Joy.
- Seulgi is also a member of SM Entertainment female supergroup Girls On Top and is one half of Irene & Seulgi, Red Velvet’s first subunit.
- Back in March, Red Velvet made their spring comeback with the track “Feel My Rhythm.”
Seulgi of K-pop girl group Red Velvet is confirmed to make her solo debut in October.
SM Entertainment made the announcement to Korean news outlets on Tuesday.
- Red Velvet member Yeri and Korean American soloist Sam Kim collaborated on the new song “Nap Fairy.”
- This is Yeri’s third “SM Station” project following her 2019 single “Dear Diary” and her 2018 collaboration “Hair in the Air” with NCT members Jeno, Renjun and Jaemin.
- Red Velvet made a comeback in March with their mini-album “The Reve Festival 2022 – Feel My Rhythm” before debuting their Japanese-language album “Bloom” in April.
- Kim is known for having contributed to the OSTs of several notable K-dramas such as “Nevertheless,” “Cleaning Up” and “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay.”
Red Velvet’s youngest member Yeri and Korean American soloist Sam Kim released their new song “Nap Fairy” on Thursday.
The song is the latest “SM Station” single. “SM Station,” a project that was started by SM Entertainment in 2016, aims to release weekly singles from the entertainment agency’s roster of talents that are separate from official music releases.
- A new teaser trailer for the Netflix K-drama “Once Upon A Small Town,” starring Joy of K-pop girl group Red Velvet, dropped on Friday.
- The series is based on the novel of the same name by author Park Ha-min.
- Joy will play Ahn Ja-young, a friendly police officer who grew up in the countryside of Heedong Village.
- Starring opposite Joy is Choo Young-woo as Han Ji-yool, a prickly veterinarian who moves from Seoul to Heedong Village to be with his grandfather.
- “Once Upon A Small Town” is scheduled for a Sept. 5.
Red Velvet group member Joy stars in a new trailer for the Netflix K-drama “Once Upon a Small Town.”
The drama is based on the novel of the same name by author Park Ha-min. In the show, a veterinarian from Seoul named Han Ji-yool (Choo Young-woo) meets a police officer named Ahn Ja-young (Joy) who lives in the countryside of Heedong Village.
- K-pop girl group Red Velvet have made their comeback with an aesthetic music video for their new single "Feel My Rhythm" on March 21, 2022.
- "Feel My Rhythm" is the lead single for their mini-album "The Reve Festival 2022 - Fell My Rhythm," which was also released on the same date.
- The springtime release will mark their first return this year since their mini-album "Queendom," which was released in August 2021.
- Their return to the musical world as a group was met with excitement from fans.
Popular K-pop girl group Red Velvet have made their comeback with a music video for their single “Feel My Rhythm” from their new mini-album “The Reve Festival 2022 – Feel My Rhythm.”
Featuring visuals ranging from colorful pieces to dark swan-like concepts, the music video has quickly climbed viewership rankings on YouTube within less than a day of its uploading, with over 6 millions at the time of this writing.
Girls On Top: K-pop’s latest supergroup includes BoA, members of Red Velvet, Aespa, Girls’ Generation
South Korean label SM Entertainment has announced the formation of its first female supergroup, Girls On Top, or simply GOT.
Who they are: The group, which will debut in January 2022, will consist of seven members from SM’s existing female acts. This makes them the apparent female parallel to the label’s own SuperM, which debuted in August 2019 and was called the “Avengers of K-Pop.”