Birds of Prey
- Actor and singer-songwriter Ella Jay Basco, 15, released her latest single “Bubble Tea” on Sunday, marking the start of Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage Month.
- The former child actor (“Veep,” “Grey’s Anatomy”) branched into music after her breakout role as Cassandra Cain in the 2020 film “Birds of Prey.”
- Basco, who is of Filipino and Korean descent, told Variety that she loves “incorporating different pieces of my culture, the food and music, the dancing, everything into my career.”
- Taking inspiration from the popular Taiwanese tea-based drink, Basco described her new song as the “summer anthem specifically for Asian kids.”
- The song’s music video follows Basco and her friends enjoying bubble tea while hanging out in Koreatown and other spots in Los Angeles.
Ella Jay Basco marked the start of Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage Month with the release of her latest single “Bubble Tea” on Sunday.
The upbeat track will be featured in her upcoming album, along with other tracks such as “Eye to Eye.”