We are NextShark, the largest Asian American digital publication in the world. We reach up to 15 million people each week across our platforms, and we are looking for someone passionate in serving the AAPI community with the daily news we need to know and content that inspires pride, positivity and strength in our community.
What do you need to have?
- 2-3 years experience working in journalism, creative writing, storytelling
- Actively stays abreast of what’s happening in the Asian American community
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills
- Passion for storytelling
- Interest in all things Asian/Asian American
- Be willing to learn and help us grow!
- Have a great sense of humor
What will you do?
- Brainstorm, pitch, research, produce stories and op-eds daily
- Conduct interviews and profiles
- Occasional in-field work
- Start early (8:00 a.m.)
Interested? Here’s what to do next and provide the following:
- Send us an email to hireme at nextshark dot com with a subject line of your favorite childhood snack
- In under 500 words, write something answering the following prompt: “Tell me why I should hire you without telling me why I should hire you.” Feel free to be as creative as you like.
- Provide any social media links of yours that you’re are comfortable sharing
- Your Resume
- Writing samples
- 3 writing pitches for our site
- Optional: desired hourly rate
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com