We are NextShark, the largest Asian American digital publication in the world. We reach up to 15 million people each week across our platforms, and we are looking for someone passionate in serving the AAPI community with the daily news we need to know and content that inspires pride, positivity, and strength in our community.
What do you need to have?
– 2-3 years experience working in newsletter writing
– Proficient in using newsletter management softwares like Mailchimp, Substack, Constant Contacts, etc.
– MOST IMPORTANT: Can write skimmable content and convey points/facts with as few words as possible. Can pull the most important and interesting facts from any story.
– Actively stays abreast of what’s happening in the Asian American community
– Excellent writing and copy-editing skills
– Passion for storytelling
– Interest in all things Asian/Asian American
– Be willing to learn and help us grow!
– Have a great sense of humor
– MUST BE A MORNING PERSON!!!!!!!
What will you do?
– Research, curate, and write a newsletter to go out early in the morning daily.
– Start early (7:00-8:00 a.m.)
– Regularly brainstorm and execute new ideas to improve newsletter
Interested? Here’s what to do next:
-Send us an email hireme at nextshark dot com with a subject line that will capture our attention – be CREATIVE!
– Your Resume
– In under 500 words, write something answering the following prompt: “Tell me why I should hire you without telling me why I should hire you.” Feel free to be as creative as you like. (bonus points if it’s skimmable)
– Any social media links of yours that you’re are comfortable sharing
– Examples of past newsletter work (if any)
– Optional: desired hourly rate
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org