Hallelujah, it’s Asian men!
There is growing desire to see hot Asian men up on the small and big screen.
However, it’s still an unfortunate world that we live in when actors of color have a more difficult time landing leading roles, as Hollywood remains overwhelmingly white.
The usual reason whitewashing — or casting white actors in roles originally intended for people of color — continues to be a thing is because studios and producers argue that Asian actors are not “bankable”.
But if we’re talking about actors like Ludi Lin, who was recently cast in “Aquaman”, “Rogue One’s” Riz Ahmed, or the all-Asian cast of the upcoming adaptation of “Crazy Rich Asians”, there is no end of talented Asian men in sight.
Not only are they eye candy, but these fellas are also overcoming some major stereotypes about Asian guys.
Check them out:
1. Godfrey Gao proves that God does exist.
2. Here’s Harry Shum Jr. showing off his dancing moves in “Glee”.
This is too much.
4. Sendhil Ramamurthy is giving us a damn good reason to re-watch “Heroes”.
5. John Cho is another reason to join Starfleet.
6. Get “Lost” in Daniel Dae Kim’s abs.
7. “The Walking Dead’s” Rick and Daryl get plenty of attention, but Steven Yeun as Glenn Rhee (RIP) was also pretty hot.
8. The entire damn male cast of “Crazy Rich Asians”.
— Kevin (@kwprime) April 26, 2017
9. Zayn Malik for all you One Direction fans (including this writer).
10. The gorgeous and gentlemanly Daniel Henney.
12 The equally badass “Ip Man” star, Donnie Yen.
13. Yen’s hot Pakistan-born British “Rogue One” co-star, Riz Ahmed, deserves an award for his performance in HBO’s “The Night Of”.
We’re adding a photo of him posing with Egyptian-American actor and “Mr. Robot” star Rami Malek because we can.
14. Ludi Lin seems to have a hard time finding a shirt, but we’re not even mad.
15. And last but never least, Big Bang’s aptly named T.O.P is the first that comes to mind when thinking of sexy K-pop idols.
Happy Thirsty Thursday!